What is The Prime Directive?
A Prime Directive is a law or rule that supersedes and takes precedence over all others.
The Prime Directive of the United States of America is The Constitution.
[This is still a work in progress. More to follow. If you want to contribute your two cents, post it here.]
ThePrimeDirective.net has some of its own Prime Directives:
- Stay out of long term indebtedness. Debt is slavery. “Enough is enough, the country is bankrupt.”
- Absolute and nonnegotiable limits must be placed on government. Otherwise, it will grow exponentially like a malignant tumor until it consumes and destroys its host, i.e. humanity.
- Government must be decentralized to the greatest extent possible.
- An inviolate wall of separation must be maintained between the government and corporate worlds. Otherwise, mega-corporations will become the government and rule the world with an iron fist.
- War or military action must be used only as a last resort for self-preservation and self-defense. The real motivation behind most wars is to steal and destroy the wealth of the general populace on all sides of the conflict.
If you have any other prime directives or comments about these prime directives, post your comments here.
Prime Directives in Robotics and Science Fiction
Isaac Asimov’s Prime Directives for robots were designed to keep machines from destroying humanity. He found it necessary to amend his three prime directives with a “Zeroth Law.”
- Zeroth Law: A robot may not injure humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
- First Law: A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, unless this would violate the Zeroth Law of Robotics.
- Second Law: A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the Zeroth or First Law.
- Third Law: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the Zeroth, First, or Second Law.
Privacy and Acceptable Use Policies
- NO SPAM WHATSOEVER — The Prime Directive (TPD) does not send SPAM or condone SPAM sent in its behalf. Users are not permitted to post SPAM in comments or to use their registered account [self-registration is not presently implemented] on TPD to send SPAM to anyone. The forwarding of articles with the Send Email function is not considered SPAM.
- Comments that you post on this site are publicly viewable. You are not permitted to post anything that is illegal, obscene, or off topic. TPD reserves the right to ban a user from accessing this site and to screen anonymous comments prior to posting. You agree that posting of a comment does not constitute an endorsement by TPD, and that you assume full legal responsibility for the consequences of your posting.
- Your IP address is logged, just like it is at any other web site. By using this site, you consent to the logging and display of you IP address in accordance with Square Space policiy.
- TPD will not release personal information that is not publicly viewable unless compelled by legal process.
- TPD strives to comply with applicable copyright laws, but does use some material under the Fair Use Doctrine. If you claim copyright to anything posted on this site, please use the Email box in the left column to contact the webmaster for removal.